- What is Gold Filled ?
Gold Filled jewelry is jewelry composed of a solid layer of GOLD mechanically bonded to a base of either sterling silver or some base metal.
Gold Filled Jewelry consists of 2-3 layers of solid gold (bonded or pressed) with other metals a brass, silver, or other base metal. These layers of solid gold can have different karatage (10K, 14K, 18K and 24K).
- Will Gold Filled jewelry tarnish?
Our high quality Gold Filled pieces have the same appearance as high carat gold. It means that even with daily wear, Gold Filled pieces can last 10 to 30 years though the layer of gold will eventually wear off exposing the metal underneath.
It won’t tarnish and it’s much more durable than gold plated jewelry.
- Is your Gold Filled jewelry safe for sensitive skin?
Gold-fill is the best option after solid gold for quality and durability. It will not flake off or turn your skin green and offers a great option for people with sensitive skin.
- What's the difference between gold-plated jewelry, gold vermeil and gold-filled jewelry?
- How do I care for my jewelry piece?
1. Clean your jewelry regularly using warm water to wash and a soft cloth to pat dry. Never rub it after washing as this can cause discoloring.
2. Avoid wearing your gold-filled jewelry in the ocean or swimming pools, as salt water and chlorine can cause damage.
3. Keep your gold-filled jewelry as dry as possible and away from pesky humidity!
4. Avoid wearing your gold-filled jewelry when cleaning. Exposure to heavy detergents and cleaning agents can be detrimental.
5. Be mindful that perfume, hairspray, and hand lotions may tarnish your gold-filled jewelry due to the harsh chemicals they contain.
6. Gently wipe your gold-filled piece with a jewelry polishing, non-scratch cloth every now and again to promote shine.